Now Hiring Head Bartender!
Anne, our wonderful head bartender, is moving on and we are on a quest for someone to join our team of bartenders, organizers, party planners, conspiracy creators, and culture makers. If you have solid managerial and excellent bartending skills and are interested in shaping this amazing cultural and political project with us, please apply! The job starts ASAP.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent bartending and people skills
- Head bartending and staff management experience
- Knowledge of inventory tracking and vendor systems
- Good grasp of mixology
- Familiarity with social justice movements a big plus.
- Training, and scheduling bartender staff
- Ordering, stocking and tracking bar inventory
- Enforce customer quality assurance and health code standards
- Regularly revise opening / closing procedures and other staff policies and keep staff up to date.
- Rotate cocktail menu seasonally
- Weekly meeting with managing owners
- Ability to hold down at least 2 bartending shifts per week and cover gaps
Time commitment and compensation
- Average 8 hours per week outside of regular bar shift with compensation commensurate with experience
- Pick of best bar shifts
To apply, please
- Send resume with 3 references to starrbar [at] riseup.net with Subject: HEAD BARTENDER
- Include a paragraph or two telling us about yourself and why you would like to work at Starr Bar. Include all relevant past experience as well as your interests in or engagement with political / social movements / social causes.
People of Color, Women, LGBTQ strongly encouraged to apply.